Delete Confirmation

March 02, 2009 - 05:14 PM
Alasdair Young

It was with sadness I read Stephen Abbott's Article in Modern Railways on the Norwich / Liverpool service I got to know that service about 10 years ago when visiting family near Mansfield 170 units were making their appearance and Central Trains seemed to be making a reasonably good job We used Alfreton station a lot (it seemed to have lost its parkway status by then) then bus. Comming from Scotland after the introduction of Voyager units we travelled to Edinburgh for a Virgin CC service to Chesterfield then a long wait fot the service to Alfreton Previously we had travelled by WCML to Preston to change for Manchester Once we had a disaster by changing stations a Warrington. However it was as a Leisure route we enjoyed the Central Trains services travelling from Alfreton both East and West.
158 units have never been a favourite of mine as I was in Glasgow Control when they were introduced, never a shift passed without a failure and 2 vehicles is utterly usless on interurban services....

IP : 213.78.213.104
Admin password :

» Delete all records that using this IP : 213.78.213.104